Now at Kickstarter: The cellular solar battery Bluetti EP500 – iMore
On the one hand, the huge shift towards distributed work has been quite large. Many of us have been able to work from the comfort of our own home. No more stuffy offices, no more long distances.
Remote work is of course not without its disadvantages. Problems with the work-life balance, a lack of personal contact with employees and a huge increase in the number of utilities. We can't really help with the first two, but we have something for the last.
It's really no surprise that teleworking has led to an increase in electricity consumption. The time we all spend at home has increased exponentially. And we all know what an energy hog even a single computer can be, let alone several.
Wouldn't it be nice if there was a way to get all of these costs out of your electricity bill?
Bluetti can offer you just that. The company builds on more than a decade of experience in the field of clean energy and has offered innovative, reliable off-grid power plants for years. And they just announced what could be one of their best solutions, the Bluetti EP500 solar battery.
Here are just a few reasons why you should be amazed.
- It is powerful. The Bluetti EP500 is equipped with the highest capacity battery ever released by Bluetti. It also has a solar charging function via an integrated MPPT input that allows up to 1200 watts – in prime sunlight it only takes five hours to charge. You can even charge it through both input ports at the same time and increase the charge to 1800 watts.
- It's intuitive. While other power plants require an extensive installation process, the EP500 is ready to use right out of the box. Better still: Thanks to Bluetti's B-Lynk connection technology, you can completely monitor and control the EP500 from your smartphone, regardless of your location, and easily charge it via a built-in 600 watt power supply when sunlight is not available.
- It's expandable. The Bluetti EP500 is designed for up to 2000 watts. Powerful, but some people may have slightly greater electricity needs. For this reason, Bluetti is also launching a Fusion Panel Terminal Board that allows users to daisy chain two EP500s, doubling the output power and enabling an output power of 220/240 volts.
It's portable. With its minimalist design, the EP500 fits almost anywhere you need it. Because of its portability, it can be more than just an emergency power source. As soon as you can travel safely again, you can easily take it with you on the road.
- It's reliable. The Bluetti EP500 is equipped with exclusive, customer-specific LiFePO4 battery cells. This gives the device a crazy lifespan of up to 6000 charge cycles. Since the average household consumes around 3 kWh per day, you can work without mains electricity for up to 40 years.
- ** It is supported by Bluetti. ** When purchasing the EP500, it comes with a five-year guarantee. Bluetti also offers lifetime technical support.
Neither of us really expected to work from home for as long as possible. Neither of us really expected the pandemic to last as long as it did before. But here we are and the best any of us can do is adapt.
Getting off the grid is a great way to do this. Not only can you reduce your electricity bill, but you can also be proud that you are living more sustainably too. Not only will you save money, but you will also help save the planet.
If you want to take the plunge into renewable energies, the Bluetti EP500 is the way to go. Pre-orders open on March 23 at 6:00 a.m. through Kickstarter and start at $ 2,799. You can also subscribe to Bluetti's mailing list for more information.